GCRMC is looking for an experienced PACU Registered Nurse
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer
Laurie, Director of Perioperative Services, talks about the orientation process
About the Position
As a PACU nurse, you will monitor post-op patients recovering from a surgical procedure and the effects of anesthesia in both a hospital and outpatient setting. This includes monitoring the patient’s vital signs, as well as managing the pain and nausea that often follow anesthesia. You will also change bandages and administer medications as needed. For inpatient cases, you will assess and oversee the patient’s overall recovery; for outpatient cases, you will educate the patient and their family on homecare.
About the PACU
The PACU at GCRMC is located next to the OR and is fully equipped to care for patients following their surgical procedures. Our patients typically remain in the PACU for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the type of procedure, how long the procedure took, and how long it takes the patient to recover from the anesthesia. The main goal for our unit is to help manage our patients’ pain following their procedure and ensure they are on the road to recovery.
Laurie describes the RN requirements she looks for in the OR at GCRMC
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license
- 1-2 years of PACU experience
- Current BLS certification
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly Wages range from $24.95 to $34.81
- $34.81 reflects 10yrs experience and a BSN
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO, talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #registerednursejob #pacurn #pacurecoveryregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico