Our team is expanding, and we are HIRING for Registered Nurse OCU I FT
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Recruitment Video: Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Registered Nurse in our OCU department which is a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
Featured Video: Robert Middleton Talks About GCRMC's 70th Year Anniversary
Demonstrates proficiency and independence in the care of patients and their families/significant others by applying and documenting the nursing process; assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Consults with staff, physicians and management on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Continues to learn new skills and maintains clinical competency within the department to provide direct and safe patient care.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Promotes positive public relations for the department and the hospital by presenting self in a professional manner; assisting in community service programs, as requested.
• Ability to problem solve patient/family issues to a positive conclusion for all involved.
• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with persons of varying age and/or cultures. Displays a positive attitude at all times.
• Develops and maintains good relationships with co-workers, other department staff and physicians No disruptions.
• Practices 5 rights of medication administration.
• Demonstrates efficient time management skills to maximize productivity.
• Demonstrates and encourages teamwork, and utilizes interpersonal skills daily.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
• Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure.
• Current BLS certification (or obtain within 1 month of hire/employment).
• Able to communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
Watch the Video Clip about GCRMC's Relationship With the Local Military Base
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #registerednursejob #outpatientorrn #ORoutpatientrn #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico