Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Video Clip: Robert, CNO, Talks About the Tuition Assistance Program at GCRMC
About the Position - RN Patient Relations Coordinator | FT
The RN Patient Relations Coordinator (Risk Manager) is in charge of the hospital risk management program. This individual will focus on four distinct areas, including:
- Identification of risk
- Analysis of risk identified
- Treatment of risk
- Evaluation of risk treatment strategies.
On a daily basis, he or she must deal with highly sensitive and confidential information that directly affects the organizations public image and financial status. No individual can perform every function of a comprehensive risk management program single-handedly. Therefore, the hospital Patient Relations Coordinator, through education and communication, fosters an awareness of risk management practices and techniques among medical staff members and hospital employee’s at all organizational levels.
Video Clip: Dr. Dumont, General Surgeon, Talks About Why He Recommends Working at GCRMC
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
- Maintains required core competencies.
- Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
- Ensures that patient-related incidents/occurrences are screened, processed, logged, investigated, and then a corrective action plan is developed and implemented.
- Generates reports that track numbers and types of incidents/occurrences.
- Leads teams of hospital staff members in conducting thorough and complete root cause analyses, and reports findings and actions taken to the Comprehensive Quality Committee
- Participation in Patient Safety policy/procedure, implementation, reports, trends and education are required.
- Tracks and reports, as appropriate, all occurrences that reasonable suggest that a medical device has or may have caused or contributed to a patient’s death, serious illness, or serious injury, in compliance with the Safe medical Device Act.
- Maintains knowledge of trends in risk management issues confronting the hospital using current literature on the subject and by belonging to and participating in a pertinent professional organization.
- Participates in committees and other internal work groups that focus on issues relative to risk management.
- Utilizes internal audit to identify and mitigate risks.
- Utilizes the process of FMEA to assess new procedures, products and services for risk/hazard
- Prepares annually a risk management plan to prioritize and address concerns relevant to the organization
- Initiates actions to prevent or reduce the adverse effects of risk
- Control further treatment of risks until the level of risk becomes acceptable
- Identify, record and report any problems relating to the management of risks
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
- Communicate and consult internally and externally as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required (Master’s degree preferred)
- CPHRM encouraged within three years of hire.
- At least five years of relative clinical experience.
- Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
Video of Robert Middleton Talks About GCRMC's 70th Year Anniversary
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#quality #patientsafety #ADON #riskmanager #registerednursejob #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #geraldchampionregionalmedicalcenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico