Our community hospital in sunny New Mexico is looking for Experienced Infusion RN applicants
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Featured Video: Med Surg Director, Lyndsay Gonzales, talks about why GCRMC is a great place to work
About the Position
An Infusion Nurse at GCRMC specializes in giving medicine and fluids to patients by injections. During a patient's visit, you may be needed to monitor fluid tubes, check infusions, and make sure that the given medications will not counteract each other or harm the patient. A patient may need a blood transfusion, antibiotic infusion, steroid infusion, electrolyte infusion, vitamin infusion or more, so you'll need to prevent and control infections near the insertion area. A steady hand and focus, as well as keen attention to detail, are vital in providing intravenous medication and other fluids harmlessly to the patient in a step-by-step approach. You will also need to monitor and analyze IVs, patient status, patient records, and the patient's psychological needs.
About the Infusion Center
Our Infusion Center offers a variety of different services to meet the needs of our patients. We are open from 7am - 7pm Monday - Friday and provide all services related to peripheral and vascular access and ports. In addition to that, we also offer blood draws and transfusions, chemotherapy, intravenous therapies, remicade, IVIG, immunomodulators, and port and catheter maintenance. All of our highly qualified staff are nationally certified in Chemotherapy in order to provide the highest level of care to our patients.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience required
- Current Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification or willing to obtain within 1 month of employment
Featured video 2: Marina Chavez, RN, talks about the teamwork between departments at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center.
- Hourly Wages range from $24.95 to $34.81
- $34.81 reflects 10yrs experience and a BSN
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
In this video, Robert Middleton Shares What GCRMC Does To Make a Difference In Nurse's Lives
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#infusionRN #infusionregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico