GCRMC is looking for an experienced Nursing Director for the Med/Surg Unit
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Video Clip: Marina Chavez, RN, Talks About Why She Enjoys Working on Med-Surg at GCRMC
About the Position - Director of Nursing - Med/Surg/Tele Unit
The Director of Nursing for the Med/Surg unit coordinates the department's nursing staff to guarantee twenty-four hour coverage to ensure optimal patient care. You will be responsible for the financial liabilities of the department, quality of care, and functional excellence by overseeing the department's budgets as well as managing patient data and medical records. The DON is also expected to contribute to accomplish the strategic goals and objectives of the hospital. Although you will not have many clinical duties, you will still interact with providers, administrators, nursing staff, and patients on a regular basis. A strong clinical background will also aid you in determining policy and making difficult decisions on various patient cases.
Video about the Flexible Scheduling at GCRMC
About the Med/Surg Unit
The Med/Surg Unit is just one of our five in-patient departments at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center, but we do not have designated private rooms for this unit, unlike the other four. We average about 50 patients per day between adults and children with a wide variety of medical issues or those that are recovering from surgery.
- Current New Mexico Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card
- 1 year of clinical Med/Surg experience
Video of Robert Middleton Shares What GCRMC Does To Make a Difference In Nurse's Lives
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#medsurg #DON #directorofnursing #registerednursejob #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #geraldchampionregionalmedicalcenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico