Assistant Director of Nursing at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Video Clip: Marina Chavez, RN, Talks About Why She Enjoys Working on Med-Surg at GCRMC
About the Position - Assistant Director of Nursing
The Assistant Director of Nursing oversees and manages the work and services provided by the nursing staff within the Med/Surg unit at GCRMC. Your primary goal is to improve the quality of patient care and services provided by your team through management and performing clinical duties. The Assistant Director of Nursing takes the lead by setting an example for nursing staff by consistently providing services and care to patients with a broad and complex range of needs before and after medical procedures. You will also be responsible for assisting with twenty-four hour planning with the Director, developing and educating staff, coordinating duties, and evaluating the clinical functions of the Med/Surg department. Additionally, you will assist the Director in overseeing the entire team, evaluating team performance and needs, and ensuring everyone is in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Video about the Flexible Scheduling at GCRMC
- Current New Mexico Registered Nurse license
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card
- Two years clinical experience, appropriate to area of responsibility
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational skills, and computer knowledgeable
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical and managerial processes
- Ability to apply systems theories to solutions
Video of Nurse Recruitment for Medical-Surgical Department
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#medsurg #ADON #assistantdirectorofnursing #registerednursejob #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #geraldchampionregionalmedicalcenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico