The Rehab Services Team at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is expanding.
We are in need of experienced Physical Therapist (Full Time Opportunity)
$5k sign-on bonus to an experienced PT
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
GCRMC Location: 2669 North Scenic Drive • Alamogordo, NM - 50 to 60 minutes drive from Las Cruces
Relocation Opportunity if currently residing more than 50 miles from Alamogordo, NM
Featured video 1:Kimberly Talks About the Growth Opportunities at GCRMC in the Inpatient Rehabilitation FacilityAbout the Position
Physical therapy services may include, but is not limited to, evaluation and treatment of functional mobility, motor function, muscular strengthening, sensation, wounds, ambulation, balance, social, and environmental needs. Direct patient care is provided to individuals of all ages. Physical therapists will assist in coordinating and providing patient and family education, will determine the need for additional, appropriate referrals, and execute effective physical therapy services as appropriate. Therapist will consult and coordinate with interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive treatment.
- Providing skilled evaluation and treatment of functional mobility, motor function, muscular strengthening, sensation, wounds, ambulation, balance, social, and environmental needs
- Creating an appropriate plan of care that includes measurable functional goals while considering patient’s psychosocial, cultural, and otherl needs
- Perform family/caregiver/patient education to increase independence upon discharge.
- Developing an appropriate discharge plan that includes discharge location, level of assistance, assistive device needs, as well as recommending community
Katie Atherton, RN talks about why she chooses to stay at GCRMC and how they have helped her to grow in her career
About The Rehab Services
At the Rehabilitation Center of Alamogordo, patients recover close to home. We are dedicated to helping people get past the hurdles of recovery and back to their lives, work, family, active retirement, and independent living. The unit is designed to help patients move through the continuum of care in the most medically appropriate and cost-efficient way based on individual needs. We are dedicated to providing the best care necessary to meet our patients' medical, physical, psychological and social needs.
- Licensure as a physical therapist by the New Mexico Board of Physical Therapy.
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of physical medicine, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of physical therapy machine operation, maintenance and repairs of same.
Featured Video: Robert Middleton Talks About GCRMC's 70th Year Anniversary
Services Lines include
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech/Language pathology
- Social worker/case manager
- Sign on bonus up to $5K (3 years commitment)
- Relocation Assistance up to $5K
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental/vision insurance
- Long term disability
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- 401k matching
- Generous Paid Leave Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Free meals in the cafeteria
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#PT #physicaltherapist #rehabservices #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico