$15k sign-on bonus to Experienced Orthopedic RN applicants
Relocation assistance is also available.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Video Clip: Shawn Damon, RN, CNOR of Joint Center and Ortho Trauma at GCRMC
About the Position
As an Orthopedic RN, you will need to be familiar with traction, casting, mobility devices, and pain management used for various orthopedic issues. At GCRMC, you will work closely with patients, their families, and the orthopedic team to ensure clear patient education, a smooth recovery, and minimal complications. As an Orthopedic Trauma Nurse, your main responsibilities will include performing musculoskeletal health exams, assisting with casting and traction, and educating patients on how to increase mobility and protect their joint/bone health. If a patient’s condition requires surgery, you will assist the physician with preparation for the surgery and assist the patient with postoperative recovery.
About the Joint Center
The Joint Center is an inpatient service of GCRMC in conjunction with Champion Orthopaedics. Our mission is to provide high-quality, top-service care to orthopedic patients in New Mexico and the surrounding states. To succeed, we have started working towards DNV accreditation and to become a BCBS Distinction Center. We treat a full range of orthopedic problems involving trauma, sports injuries, and joint reconstruction.
Featured Video: Robert Middleton Talks About GCRMC's 70th Year Anniversary
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in Ortho Trauma Cases
- Current Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification
- Monday to Friday / Saturday and Sunday
- $15k sign on depending on experience and based on a 3 year prorated commitment
- Hourly Wages range from $24.95 to $34.81*
- Range is based on experience, education and certifications
- *$34.81 reflects 10yrs experience and a BSN
- Differentials are in addition to these rates
- Relocation assistance includes up to 2 months of temporary housing based on availability
- Receive your BSN, MSN or additional certifications as an employee benefit at certain approved institutions
Recruitment Video: Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives.
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #registerednursejob #jointrn #orthopeadicrn #orthoregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico