Oncology Clinical Nurse Navigator - Physician Practice at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch this video to know WHO IS GERALD CHAMPION
About the Position
Serves as a single point of contact for referring physicians, patients, and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services offered within the GCRMC CCC service line and in the community. Facilitates patient appointments, including those made with labs, diagnostic areas, and specialty physicians.
Job Specific Duties
- Assist patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies
- Serve as an essential link between patients and all other care providers
- Facilitate appointments for consults and support services within established service standards, including social workers, dieticians, physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinate interdisciplinary planning conferences, develop concise patient summaries for use by the care team, and document recommendations made utilizing the standardized care protocols in accordance with nationally recognized care guidelines
- Develop patient education programs and tools
- Follow patients throughout the care continuum, including inpatient admissions, and collaborate with inaptient care management resources
- Work with the Cancer Registry staff and others to collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning processes
- Report up quality outcomes to the CQC
- Responsible for outreach efforts to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key customers (physicians, office staff, diagnostic staff, nurses, radiology staff, social services staff, and radiation oncology staff)
Click on the video above to know how working at GCRMC be like
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Active NM Licensed RN, BSN, and OCN preferred
- Two (2) years relevant experience preferred
- Certification: Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Requires problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills
- Requires excellent leadership, organizational, written, and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a self-directed environment, with the ability to work with and lead teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to implement professional and community-based educational programs
- Education and Training
- Education Assistance
- Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Clinical Ladder
Featured Video: What is GCRMC's Relationship With the Local Military Base?
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#oncologynursenavigator #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #GeraldChampionRegionalMedical Center