Registered Nurse - Physician Practice at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch this video to know WHO IS GERALD CHAMPION
About the Position
Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communications needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Job Specific Duties
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
- Maintains required core competencies.
- Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
- Does not abuse sick or personal days. Maintains personal health, adheres to sick policy guidelines.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patients age.
- Demonstrates ability under direct supervision of an RN, to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, geriatric and general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified patient learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Services/Case Management regarding both in-hospital and post discharge needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patients age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patients needs.
- Maintains a good, positive working relationship both within the department and with our departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned with the RN scope of practice.
Click on the video above to know how working at GCRMC be like
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Current RN Licensure in State of New Mexico.
- Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
- Education and Training
- Education Assistance
- Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Clinical Ladder
Featured Video: What is GCRMC's Relationship With the Local Military Base?
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.