Clinical Nurse Liaison - Physician Practice at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch this video to know WHO IS GERALD CHAMPION
About the Position
To provide a coordinated community marketing and assessment service for Acute Rehabilitation program. To coordinate the education and community relations activities of the treatment staff. To develop strategies that result in a positive community image and assists the facility in meeting its goals.
Job Specific Duties
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
- Maintains required core competencies.
- Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
- Provide clinical evaluations of prospective patients determining patients’ appropriateness for the program.
- Coordinate the acute inpatient rehabilitation process with the attending medical director(s).
- Identify adult appropriate developmental tasks and needs as evidenced in the development of care and the treatment planning for discharge or transfer as a part of Team conference/family and multidisciplinary participation.
- Maintain contact with personal care homes, nursing homes, medical-surgical units, the Emergency Department, and other facilities and agencies to promote the program and to provide education regarding services available for their patients/clients/residents.
- Provide ongoing communications with referral sources concerning the status of patients referred into the program.
- Develop an annual business plan and 90-day action plans that outline specific strategies aimed at successfully competing in the area.
- Maintain profiles on the facility’s competition.
- Contact area businesses to promote an awareness of the program and to offer consultation and support from the clinical staff.
- Develop strategies to seek HMO/PPO and other third party contracts.
- Participate in a media relations program that results in periodic media coverage and publicizes the facility’s program in a positive manner.
- Develop and coordinate a Speakers Bureau to include coordination of workshops, seminars and speaking presentations.
- Coordinate the announcement of new or expanded services and the appointment of the key staff members.
- Develop and maintain a mailing list of professionals.
- Develop a community education program as a public service and to introduce the general public to services offered by the program.
- Maintain ongoing contact with community agencies to provide information on the program and assist in coordinating referrals.
- Is vigilant to the day to day business fluctuations and responds promptly to re-prioritized assignments to fit the need.
- Performs routine assignments independently.
- Seeks direction when indicated for unusual or non-routine duties.
- Advises appropriate personnel (i.e., Supervisor) of situations requiring nursing, administrative or technical expertise and follow-up.
- Manages his/her time effectively. Maintains records available for auditing for marketing of target areas and data outcome as it pertains to ADC goals and 70/30 rule.
- Maintain current knowledge of CMS and other payors sources guidelines for patient management.
- Certified annually in FIM (Functional Independent Measures) for accuracy in patient evaluation and prescreening for admission.
- Maintain competency in nursing evaluation of data for referred Acute Inpatient Rehab. patients and monitoring of data for discharge management.
- Work collaboratively with Medical Director(s) for prescreening and evaluation in a timely manner for referred IRF patients.
- Completes all assignments within the allotted timeframe.
- Establishes competency and practice in UDS or other CMS programs required for admission, length of stay and other components for acute inpatient management of stay/discharge.
- Maintaining LOS (length of stay); prior authorization for IRF patients; CMS authorization for admission.
- Discharge planning with patient, clinical staff and families; coordinating medical equipment needs, post care follow up appts. and safe discharge planning.
- Awareness and competency in utilization review; interview skills for admissions.
- Competency in InterQual or other system to determine appropriate admission and length of stay.
- Establishes priorities for using his/her time to the best advantage.
- Demonstrates telephone courtesy under all circumstances, responding within three (3) rings and taking and delivering messages when necessary.
Click on the video above to know how working at GCRMC be like
- High School diploma or equivalent. Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
- Counselor or Registered Nurse preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Rehabilitation/Inpatient, Case Management and Marketing fields.
- Knowledge of or experience in acute inpatient rehabilitation inpatient units, policy and procedures for admission criteria, CMS 13, mixed payers sources; clinical evaluation for program placement, discharge planning.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to adapt to workload demands and set priorities; positive, professional presentation; ability to build rapport quickly and develop working relationships; ability to work cooperatively with the program staff; good communication and organizational skills.
- Clinical Experience sufficient to perform required assessment services.
- Requires access to transportation.
- Education and Training
- Education Assistance
- Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Clinical Ladder
Featured Video: What is GCRMC's Relationship With the Local Military Base?
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#nursejobs #nurserecruitment #nurseliaison #physicianpractice #gcrmc #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter