Title: RN - Float | PRN
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Part Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PRN Float Registered Nurse at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Our Family Caring for Yours
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Recruitment Video: Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives
About the Position
Demonstrates proficiency and independence in the care of patients and their families/significant others by applying and documenting the nursing process; assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Consults with staff, physicians and management on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Continues to learn new skills and maintains clinical competency within the department to provide direct and safe patient care.
- Group - Family - Individual Therapy
- Coping - Positive Living Skills, Grief and Loss Resolution
- Education in the areas of Medication Management
- Health and Wellness Training
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Stress Management
- Assertiveness Training
Nurses enjoy the personal care with patients at a 6:1 patient-to-nurse ratio.
Video Clip: GCRMC’s Relationship With the Local Military Base
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Current BLS certification
- Salary ranges from $24.95 to $37 based on experience, education and certifications
- Relocation assistance includes up to 2 months of temporary housing based on availability
- Receive your BSN, MSN or additional certifications as an employee benefit at certain approved institutions
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.