Part-time Orthopaedic Registered Nurse at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Video Clip: Shawn Damon, RN, CNOR of Joint Center and Ortho Trauma at GCRMC
About the Position
The Orthopaedic Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care; supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Accountable for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients.
- Provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- Delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Current BLS certification
Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives
- Education and Training
- Education Assistance
- Certification Reimbursement
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Clinical Ladder
*Benefits depend on employment type.
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.