The Medical Staff Coordinator is the owner of the credentialing process for Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center. As such, the individual is the primary point of contact for all credentialing activities. The manager coordinates all medical staff activities and acts as liaison between the medical staff, allied health professional staff and administration within the parameters established by the administrator and officers of the medical staff. While we would ideally find someone locally, we are open to relocation assistance for the right candidate.
The position is responsible for credentialing of all applicable positions within the hospital. As such, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides copies of Medical Staff/AHP applications and all supporting documents such as licenses, DEA, Controlled Substance Registration, etc. to Director of the White Sands Community Health Plan
- Respond to requests for verification of affiliation of Medical Staff/Allied Health Professional Staff to other hospitals, corporations, HMOs and/or CVOs.
- Queries the National Practitioner Data Bank, the Medicare/Medicaid Sanctions Data Bank, the American Medical Association Data Bank, and all required specialty boards of Medical Staff members applying for privileges at our facility.
- Develops and implements systems which allow for the flow of information to and from medical staff committees into the performance improvement structure.
- Maintains close communication with Medical Staff Officers, Department Chief’s, Committee Chairpersons, Chief Quality Officer, and Medical Director to ensure follow-through on all recommendations, correspondence, and/or directives that are documented in committee meeting minutes.
- Maintains a system to remind the Chief of Staff, Medical Director, Department Chief’s and the Chief Quality Officer when Bylaws and Rules and Regulations have to be reviewed. Types revisions and distributes.
- Creates, maintains, and updates Doctors’ Master Files on the AS400 system.
- Oversees the credentialing process and looks for ways to improve the process and guides others who assist in the credentialing process.
- The position may also be responsible for assistance with special meetings and special events as needed. The core of the job is owning the credentialing process for the hospital.