Title: Cath Lab Registered Nurse | PRN
Department: Cardiac Catheterization
Type: Part Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Cath Lab Registered Nurse | PRN
Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives
About the Position
SPHN leadership joined Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in the groundbreaking for the Interventional Heart Care and Cardiac Cath Lab. This joint venture partnership brings sophisticated life-saving, interventional cardiovascular care. Patients benefit from interventional cardiac teams who have a reputation for excellence in quality and performance as well as SPHN's rank as an American Heart Association aaward-winningoperational leader. The cath lab brings wworld-classaccess and technology to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurses function as a patient advocate and act as a liaison between referring physician, patient, family, and procedural physician to ensure a smooth transition throughout care time.
- Provides age specific care to patients ranging from infants to geriatric patients.
- Interacts with patients in the outpatient, inpatient hospital and emergency settings.
- Independently screen patients for various Cardiovascular, Cerebral-vascular and Peripheral vascular diagnostic or interventional procedures.
- Provide pre, intra and post procedure assessment and education for patients undergoing procedures.
- Collaborate with referring and procedural physicians to insure all protocol and educational needs of the patient are met prior to procedures.
- Provides moderate sedation and administers medications per protocols
- Monitors for and respond to changes in, level of consciousness, ECG, respiratory, and hemodynamics. Recover patients post procedure in the Cardiac Cath Lab post procedure room until discharge criteria are met.
- Coordinates post procedure assessments, care and discharge of the patient from the interventional nursing units.
- Any current US State Nurse license
- 1-2 years of experience required
Watch the video above to know more about Nurse Recruitment in GCRMC
- On Call Pay
- Team Leader Pay
- Resource Pool Pay
- Education and Training
- Experience Credit
- Certification Pay Differential or Hiring Bonus
- Education Assistance
- Preceptor Pay
- BSN/MSN Degree Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- 401K matching
- Direct Deposit
- Generous PLT (Paid Leave Time)
- Major Medical Bank (Paid Sick Time)
- Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Merit Increases/Evaluations
- Clinical Ladder
- Referral bonus
- Long service bonus
- Holiday parties
- Free meal in the cafeteria
- Employee of the Month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail Discounts for Employees
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.