- Maintains required core competencies.
- Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
- Experience in a medical office setting.
- Must be understanding, courteous and professional at all times in contacts with patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff.
- Assist Doctor with patients
- Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
- Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
- Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
- Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
- Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
- Facilitate physician and patient communications.
- Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
- Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
- Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
- Perform minor procedures as direct by Physician: injections, suture, and staple removal.
- Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
- Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or Office Manager for insurance authorization.
Video about the area: People spoke about what they like most about