Title: Behavioral Medicine RN | New Grads & Experienced | Sign-On Bonus - $11,000
Department: Behavioral Health
Type: Full Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948 Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader to the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high quality healthcare. At GCRMC we provide an environment for our employees that will encourage innovation and dedication via a participative management system and one that relates performance and rewards.
About the Behavioral Medicine Department
Our Behavioral Medicine program has recently expanded from 17 to 38 beds. Our behavioral medicine wing has two units: Adult/Military and Geropsych.
We treat PTSD for both active military and civilians. We have two military bases nearby.
For seniors we have an inpatient and outpatient program that provides individualized treatment for older adults who suffer from emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders.
The inpatient unit offers acute inpatient treatment for individuals with a primary psychiatric diagnosis. The outpatient program provides an intensive outpatient treatment Monday through Friday in the least restrictive environment and patients are able to return to their homes each evening.
Click here to know more about the Behavioral Medicine Nursing Program in GCRMC
- Group - Family - Individual Therapy
- Coping - Positive Living Skills, Grief and Loss Resolution
- Education in the areas of Medication Management
- Health and Wellness Training
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Stress Management
- Assertiveness Training
Nurses enjoy the personal care with patients at a 6:1 patient-to-nurse ratio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates proficiency and independence in the care of patients and their families/significant others by applying and documenting the nursing process; assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Consults with staff, physicians and management on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Continues to learn new skills and maintains clinical competency within the department to provide direct and safe patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in assigned area.
- Ability to problem solve patient/family issues to a positive conclusion for all involved.
- Practices 5 rights of medication administration
- Demonstrates understanding of legal compliance issues and their responsibilities
- Participates in hospital and department quality activities
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred (experienced and new grads both welcome)
- Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS certification or will attain within one month of employment. ACLS or within 6 months of employment
- Prior behavioral medicine experience along with a medical surgical component is important
- Able to communicate effectively in English (additional languages preferred)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned
- $5k - $11k depending on experience and current need
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous PLT (Paid Leave Time)
- Major Medical Bank (Paid Sick Time)
- 401k with match
- Shift Differential Pay
- On Call Pay
- Team Leader Pay
- Resource Pool Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Experience Credit
- Certification Pay
- BSN/MSN Degree Pay
- Preceptor Pay
- Merit Increases/Evaluations
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Swift MD
- The Daisy Award
- Relocation Assistance
GCRMC's mission is to be the organization where patients choose to come, physicians want to practice and people want work.
Apply today with our short application process (takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer) to learn more about how you can become part of the Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center family!