GCRMC is looking for an experienced Case Manager
Shift: 7am - 5pm
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Kerry, Director of Care Coordination, talks about the mission and role of her team at GCRMC
About the Position
The Case Manager works at GCRMC to develop, coordinate, and implement a plan of care for a high-risk inpatient population. Throughout a patient’s stay, you will perform the traditional functions of discharge planning, quality control, and utilization management. You will meet with patients when they first arrive and continue to work with them throughout their stay at the hospital. Although you will not be heavily involved with bedside care and nursing duties, you will still be heavily involved with the patient in order to successfully transition them from hospital care to home or community care. This can be accomplished by collaborating with providers, nurses, patients, their families, and other care providers when developing and implementing the patient care plan as well as ensuring infection control via screening, monitoring, and reporting cases or trends. When it comes time for a patient’s discharge, you will need to arrange for the post-discharge needs of the patient and any necessary referrals.
Kerry, Director of Care Coordination, talks about the unique role of Care Coordination at GCRMC
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license OR Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- 3 - 5 years of clinical nursing experience in acute care facility
- Experience in Case Management
- Current BLS certification
- Base hourly wages range from $25.95 to $40.55
- New grad nurses can expect $25.95 while RNs with 15+ years of experience start around $40.55
- BSNs are paid an additional $1.00 per hour and MSNs receive an extra $2.00 per hour
- Additional compensation for differentials when applicable (such as Night Shifts or Holidays)
- Annual increases for merit and in accordance with union contract
- Relocation Assistance - possibly including up to 2 months of temporary housing if available
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#casemanager #registerednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #alamogordo #nm #newmexico #registerednursejob