GCRMC is looking for experienced Registered Nurses to work in Urgent Care
Shift Schedule: 8AM - 9PM
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
VP of Physicians Practices discusses nurses' schedules & how experienced nurses are encouraged to help other
About the Position
A Registered Nurse at our Urgent Care Clinic assists the Nurse Practitioner in treating patients arriving with minor illnesses and injuries. You will assist with triage, answering phones, taking medical histories, and collect samples for lab work. When a patient arrives to the clinic, you will assign the patient an acuity level and assist the clinician in their examination of the patient. At times, you will need to administer prescribed medications and treatments, draw blood samples, and insert IVs. If needed, the Registered Nurse will process lab work on-site for blood, flu, mono, pregnancy, strep throat, and UTIs. Your primary focus will be meeting the specific problem and needs of the patient at the time of their visit.
About Champion Urgent Care
Champion Urgent Care, part of Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center’s service line, offers convenient walk-in care seven days a week. We are the first UCA Accredited Urgent Care in New Mexico. Champion Urgent Care is committed to providing quality care, focusing on patient safety, and providing excellent clinical outcomes. We offer our visitors state-of-the-art digital x-ray technology and a network of referral services. We treat minor illnesses and injuries, such as cold and flu, bronchitis, ear infections and aches, eye infections, UTIs, minor burns, sprains, broken bones, and more.
Marina, RN, talks about the teamwork between departments at GCRMC
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license
- 1-2 years experience required
- Current BLS certification
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 9pm
- No weekends!
- Base hourly wages range from $25.95 to $40.55
- New grad nurses can expect $25.95 while RNs with 15+ years of experience start around $40.55
- BSNs are paid an additional $1.00 per hour and MSNs receive an extra $2.00 per hour
- Additional compensation for differentials when applicable (such as Night Shifts or Holidays)
- Annual increases for merit and in accordance with union contract
- Relocation Assistance - possibly including up to 2 months of temporary housing if available
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO, talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#RN #registerednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico