GCRMC is looking for experienced Orthopedic RN applicants
Shift Schedule: 7AM - 7:30PM OR 7PM - 7AM
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Shawn Damon, CNOR of Joint Center and Ortho Trauma at GCRMC, discusses the Joint Center
About the Position
As an Orthopedic RN, you will need to be familiar with traction, casting, mobility devices, and pain management used for various orthopedic issues. At GCRMC, you will work closely with patients, their families, and the orthopedic team to ensure clear patient education, a smooth recovery, and minimal complications. As an Orthopedic Trauma Nurse, your main responsibilities will include performing musculoskeletal health exams, assisting with casting and traction, and educating patients on how to increase mobility and protect their joint/bone health. If a patient’s condition requires surgery, you will assist the physician with preparation for the surgery and assist the patient with postoperative recovery.
About the Joint Center
The Joint Center is an inpatient service of GCRMC in conjunction with Champion Orthopaedics. Our mission is to provide high-quality, top-service care to orthopedic patients in New Mexico and the surrounding states. To succeed, we have started working towards DNV accreditation and to become a BCBS Distinction Center. We treat a full range of orthopedic problems involving trauma, sports injuries, and joint reconstruction.
Robert Middleton talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 2 years experience in Ortho Trauma Cases
- Current Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification
- Monday to Friday / Saturday and Sunday
- Days: 7am to 7:30pm OR Nights: 7pm to 7am
- Base hourly wages range from $25.95 to $40.55
- New grad nurses can expect $25.95 while RNs with 15+ years of experience start around $40.55
- BSNs are paid an additional $1.00 per hour and MSNs receive an extra $2.00 per hour
- Additional compensation for differentials when applicable (such as Night Shifts or Holidays)
- Annual increases for merit and in accordance with union contract
- Relocation Assistance - possibly including up to 2 months of temporary housing if available
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion, shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #jointrn #orthopeadicrn #orthoregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico