Sign On Bonus available to experienced Physical Therapist
Relocation Opportunity if currently residing more than 50 miles from Alamogordo, NM
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
GCRMC Location: 2669 North Scenic Drive, Alamogordo, NM
Rita, Program Director for Inpatient Rehab, discusses the available opportunities for Physical Therapists at GCRMC
About the Position
As a Physical Therapist at GCRMC, you will help restore function, improve mobility and relieve pain in patients suffering from a disease that limits physical motion or those who are injured. You will help determine the root cause of the trauma, counsel patients and their families, and then work to create a plan for rehabilitation. This plan will need to have measurable functional goals while keeping in mind the patient's psychosocial, cultural, and other needs. You will need strong attention to detail in order to observe a patient’s issues, analyze what is needed to help, and avoid putting patients at risk of further injury. Strong interpersonal skills, compassion, and patience will be needed to effectively communicate with patients and their families in order to provide education during treatment and prior to discharge, in order to increase the patient’s independence and meet their needs.
About The Rehab Services
At the Rehabilitation Center of Alamogordo, patients recover close to home. We are dedicated to helping people get past the hurdles of recovery and back to their lives, work, family, active retirement, and independent living. The unit is designed to help patients move through the continuum of care in the most medically appropriate and cost-efficient way based on individual needs. We are dedicated to providing the best care necessary to meet our patients' medical, physical, psychological and social needs.
Rita and Sandra, the Inpatient Rehab Leaders, talks about why GCRMC is the best place to work
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Current Physical Therapist license by the New Mexico Board of Physical Therapy
- 1 year of physical therapy experience
- Current BLS certification
Services Lines include
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech/Language pathology
- Social worker/case manager
- Sign on bonus with 3 year commitment
- Relocation Assistance - possibly including up to 2 months of temporary housing if available
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO, talks about the CARF Accredited Acute Rehab Facility at GCRMC
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#PT #physicaltherapist #rehabservices #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico