GCRMC is looking for an experienced Inpatient Psychiatric / Behavioral Medicine RN
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Forrest Summers, a Psych RN, talks about the Behavioral Health Unit at Gerald Champion
About the Position
As a Psychiatric RN, you will help develop an individualized treatment plan and counseling to give patients the total care and attention they need. Your patient population will consist of those with anxiety or mood disorders, substance abuse, Alzheimer’s disease, or other forms of dementia. You will provide direct care to your patients by facilitating social and emotional needs, supervising and administering medication schedules, and evaluating patient progress. To maintain a safe environment, you will use monitoring equipment and restraining techniques, if deemed necessary.
Zelda Skaife, a RN, talks about how the Behavioral Medicine Department has grown over the years
About the Behavioral Medicine Department
Our Behavioral Medicine program consists of two units, Adult/Military and Geropsych, to provide individualized treatment for adults who suffer from emotional, behavioral, or mental health disorders. The inpatient unit offers acute inpatient treatment for individuals with a primary psychiatric diagnosis. The outpatient program provides intensive outpatient treatment Monday through Friday in the least restrictive environment possible, and patients are able to return to their homes each evening. Medication Management Services are also offered. With two nearby military bases, we offer PTSD treatment for both active military and civilians. We are also qualified to provide ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) when indicated for patients who have not responded to other treatments.
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license
- 2 years of Psychiatric / Behavioral Medicine experience
- Current BLS certification
- Night Shift: 7pm - 7am
- Alternating / Rotating
- Base hourly wages range from $25.95 to $40.55
- New grad nurses can expect $25.95 while RNs with 15+ years of experience start around $40.55
- BSNs are paid an additional $1.00 per hour and MSNs receive an extra $2.00 per hour
- Additional compensation for differentials when applicable (such as Night Shifts or Holidays)
- Annual increases for merit and in accordance with union contract
- Relocation Assistance - possibly including up to 2 months of temporary housing if available
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
A Psych NP talks about rounding patients in BMED on both inpatient and outpatient rounds
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #psychiatricrn #behavioralmedicinern #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #registerednursejob #alamogordo #alamogordoNM #NewMexico #NM