GCRMC is looking for a Clinical Documentation Specialist
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Becky discusses what motivated her to stay at GCRMC for over 10 years
About the Position
The Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) conducts clinically based concurrent and retrospective reviews of inpatient medical records in order to evaluate the clinical documentation the acute care services at GCRMC. If any adjustments are found to be needed, the CDS facilitates the necessary modifications of the process and informs physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff. As a Clinical Documentation Specialist, you will need acute attention to detail in order to work alongside coding staff to ensure all discharge diagnoses and co-morbidities accurately reflect the patient's clinical status and care. In addition to keen attention to detail, you will need to be highly organized in order to provide leadership with reports on query response rate, physician CMI, and DRG shift revenue enhancement.
Dr. Esparsen talks about the assessments and services GCRMC provides to better the hospital and the community
- 5 years of clinical care work experience in an acute care hospital
- 3 years of experience as Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
- 2 years of experience as Clinical Chart Reviewer or Auditor
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of MS-DRG and APR-DRG focused reviews and ICD-10
- Full Time
- Weekends as needed
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing if available
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Discounted meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO, talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#clinicaldocumentation #clinicaldoc #CDS #registerednursejob #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #geraldchampionregionalmedicalcenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico