Up to $15K Sign On Bonus to experienced Maternal Child or Labor & Delivery RNs
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
“My favorite part of the Maternal Child Unit is the labor and delivery. I love just being there by their side when they’re going through a rough time, but a very important time in their life, and it’s very special, not only for them, but for us as well.” - Brandi Gomez
About the Position
The Maternal Child or Labor & Delivery Nurse works with patients during labor, delivery, recovery, operational, postpartum, and high-risk pregnancies. As a result, the Maternal Child Nurse must be skilled in prenatal care, labor and delivery, postnatal care, and pediatrics in order to care for mothers and babies. We focus on family-centered care, so encouraging family cohesion, bonding, and education is vital. Often, you will work with one mother throughout her entire hospital stay. Some key responsibilities may also include: fetal monitoring, assisting with caesarean deliveries, identifying postpartum complication, and prenatal stress-testing.
About the Maternal Child Unit
The Maternal Child Unit at GCRMC offers 5 labor/delivery/recovery suites featuring the latest medical equipment in a comfortable home-like setting to meet the medical and aesthetic needs of our patients. Our experienced nursing staff is trained on the most up-to-date equipment and techniques in order to meet the physical and emotional needs of mothers. We also offer classes for expectant mothers and their families before and after delivery.
Lori Wolf, RN Director, talks about the Maternal Child Unit at GCRMC
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license
- 1-2 years of Maternal Child OR Labor & Delivery experience
- Current BLS certification
- Base hourly wages range from $25.95 to $40.55
- New grad nurses can expect $25.95 while RNs with 15+ years of experience start around $40.55
- BSNs are paid an additional $1.00 per hour and MSNs receive an extra $2.00 per hour
- Additional compensation for differentials when applicable (such as Night Shifts or Holidays)
- Annual increases for merit and in accordance with union contract
- Sign on bonus up to $15K with 3 year commitment
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO, talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #maternalchildrn #laboranddeliveryrn #obrn #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter