GCRMC is looking for a Registered Nurse specializing in Cardiac and Pulmonary Units
Shift: 7:30am - 4pm
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Andrea, Director of Cath Lab and ICU, talks about the team she works with at GCRMC
About the Position
The Cardio-Pulmonary Registered Nurse is experienced in treating patients with both cardiac and/or pulmonary illnesses and conditions. For pulmonary patients, your primary focus will be helping the patient regain optimal lung functionality in order to ensure the best possible patient outcome. These patients may be suffering from acute or chronic breathing problems, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, COPD, and more. For cardiac patients, they may be acutely ill or in need of cardiac rehabilitation. As such, you will need to knowledge of various ailments concerning the heart and blood vessels.
Whether your patient is in need of cardiac or pulmonary care, you will be expected to maintain medical records and histories, monitor the patient's condition, and analyze symptoms. Once a treatment plan has been developed and implemented, you will need to continue to monitor the patient as well as administer medications, check IVs, record patient progress, and educate the patient on the treatment and management of their condition.
About the Cardio-Pulmonary Services at GCRMC
The Cardio-Pulmonary Services at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is a full-service department that provides care to all ages for inpatient, outpatient, and emergency settings. We personalize our treatments to the needs of each patient in a way consistent with the mission of GCRMC. We utilize a variety of tests and treatments in order to treat or prevent breathing problems. We also perform various tests and studies in order to determine the severity of the illness or determine the effectiveness of a treatment. Our department also performs cardiovascular exams using state-of-the-art equipment to determine the condition of the heart and circulation.
Cath Lab RN, Joe, talks about what he enjoys about the environment at GCRMC
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license
- 1 year of Cardiac experience
- 1 year of Pulmonary experience
- Current BLS certification
- Base hourly wages range from $25.95 to $40.55
- New grad nurses can expect $25.95 while RNs with 15+ years of experience start around $40.55
- BSNs are paid an additional $1.00 per hour and MSNs receive an extra $2.00 per hour
- Additional compensation for differentials when applicable (such as Night Shifts or Holidays)
- Annual increases for merit and in accordance with union contract
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO of GCRMC, shares what we do to make a difference in nurse's lives
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#cardiacnurse #cardiacrn #pulmonaryrn #pulmonarynurse #cardiopulmonary #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter