GCRMC is looking for an Assistant Director of Nursing for our Med/Surg Unit
Shift: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Lyndsey Gonzalez, Director of Med/Surg, discusses why GCRMC is such a great place to work
About the Position
As the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) for the Medical-Surgical Unit, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the nursing staff for the Unit. This may involve planning and evaluating nursing systems, rotations, and methods to ensure our patients are receiving optimal care. You will report directly to the Director of Med/Surg concerning patients, providers, and the nursing staff. At times, you may be needed to direct staff meetings, conduct employee evaluations, as well as hire and train new staff. Since you are still a Registered Nurse, you will be needed to make supervisory rounds throughout the unit and interact with patients.
About the Med/Surg Unit
The Med/Surg Unit is just one of our five in-patient departments at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center, but we do not have designated private rooms for this unit, unlike the other four. We average about 50 patients per day between adults and children with a wide variety of medical issues or those that are recovering from surgery.
Marina Chavez, an RN, talks about why she enjoys working on the Med/Surg Unit at GCRMC
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license
- 2 years of clinical experience
- Current BLS certification
Salary and Benefits
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, our CNO, talks about the Med/Surg and Perioperative Units at GCRMC
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#registerednurse #registerednursejob #orthorn #orthopedicnurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #GeraldChampionRegionalMedicalCenter #alamogordo #nm #newmexico