GCRMC is looking for a Registered Nurse for our Outpatient Care Unit (OCU)
Shift: 6:30am - 4:30pm
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion, shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurses' lives
About the Position
An Outpatient Care Registered Nurse is responsible for providing care to patients seeking treatment and minor surgery for various physical and mental illnesses and injuries. An Outpatient Nurse needs to ensure the comfort of the patient before, during, and after medical procedures and surgery. You will need observe patients on a regular basis in order to chart symptoms and progress and to report changes and concerns to the appropriate physician or specialist. The Outpatient RN also draws blood, checks vital signs, monitors blood pressure, temperature and pulse, and ensures IV lines are maintained. You may also need to assist with surgery as needed by supplying physicians with surgical tools and instruments.
About the Outpatient Care Unit
The Outpatient Care Unit at GCRMC is open Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm. We provide patients with medical procedures, tests, and services in such a way that they will not need an overnight hospital stay. We offer wellness and prevention services, diagnostic services, as well as various treatments and care.
Marina, an RN, describes the close working relationship between staff at GCRMC
- Days: 6:30am - 4:30pm
- Monday - Friday
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license
- 1-2 years of clinical experience
- Current BLS certification
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly Wages range from $24.95 to $34.81
- $34.81 reflects 10yrs experience and a BSN
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Differentials (such as Holiday Pay) are in addition to hourly rates
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Robert Middleton, CNO, talks about GCRMC's 70th year anniversary
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#outpatientnurse #outpatientclinic #outpatientclinicrn #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #GCRMC #alamogordo #newmexico