Our Ortho Department team is expanding, and we are HIRING for a CASE MANAGER!
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Featured Video: Robert Middleton Talks About GCRMC's 70th Year Anniversary
About the Position: Ortho/Joint Unit Case Manager
The Orthopedic Case Manager works at GCRMC’s Joint Center to develop, coordinate, and implement a plan of care for a high-risk inpatient population. Throughout a patient’s stay, you will perform the traditional functions of discharge planning, quality control, and utilization management. You will meet with patients when they first arrive and continue to work with them throughout their stay in the Joint Center. Although you will not be heavily involved with bedside care and nursing duties, you will still be heavily involved with the patient in order to successfully transition them from hospital care to home or community care. This can be accomplished by collaborating with providers, nurses, patients, their families, and other care providers when developing and implementing the patient care plan as well as ensuring infection control via screening, monitoring, and reporting cases or trends. When it comes time for a patient’s discharge, you will need to arrange for the post-discharge needs of the patient and any necessary referrals.
About the Joint Center
The Joint Center is an inpatient service of GCRMC in conjunction with Champion Orthopaedics available 24/7. Our mission is to provide high-quality, top-service care to orthopedic patients in New Mexico and the surrounding states. To succeed, we have started working towards DNV accreditation and to become a BCBS Distinction Center. We treat a full range of orthopedic problems involving trauma, sports injuries, and joint reconstruction. Additionally, our Joint Center is unique in that we use a shared-governance model of nursing and healthcare so that membership participation is critical.
Click on the video above to know what Kerry Bolin, RN, Director of Care Coordination at Gerald Champion has to share about the Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 3 - 5 years of clinical nursing experience in acute care facility
- Experience in Case Management preferred
- Current New Mexico or Compact State Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current BLS certification
- Hourly Wages range from $24.95 to $34.81 based on experience, education and certifications
- $34.81 reflects 10yrs experience and a BSN
- Differentials are in addition to these rates
- Relocation Assistance, including up to 2 months of temporary housing
- Highest allowable education and tuition assistance
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous PTO and MMB
- Free meals in the cafeteria
- Reach (GCRMC’s employee assistance program and workplace solutions)
- Swift MD (24/7 medical care at no cost with prescriptions covered by health insurance)
- Retail Discounts
Part 2 of Kerry Bolin, RN Video: What's Unique in Care Coordination?
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and correlating performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#casemanager #registerednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #alamogordo #nm #newmexico #registerednursejob