Our Ortho Department team is expanding, and we are HIRING for a CASE MANAGER!
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Featured Video: Robert Middleton Talks About GCRMC's 70th Year Anniversary
About the Position: Ortho/Joint Unit Case Manager
Provides for the development, coordination, and implementation of care coordination services over the continuum of care. The position will incorporate the traditional functions of Discharge Planning, Quality, and Utilization Management with a focus on high-risk inpatient populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria for appropriate population in his/her assigned area.
- Submits appeals in a timely manner, upon request by the Director.
- Initiates discharge planning on assigned patients within 24 hours of admission. Revises discharge planning as indicated by changes in the patient’s condition and circumstances.
- Arranges for the post-discharge needs of patients.
- Clearly and accurately documents all patient/family interventions and interactions.
- Monitors for the efficient use of resources and reports to Director when there are actual or potential sources of under- or over-utilization.
- Collaborates with providers, nurses, patients, families, and other care providers in the development and implementation of patient care plans, including discharge planning, across the continuum of care in support of the GCRMC Mission.
- Communicates with providers regarding patient status and assists him/her in ensuring proper placement of patient.
- Conducts utilization review using nationally recognized medical necessity criteria and documents the review.
- Refers cases for second level reviews when medical necessity criteria are not met.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the various levels of care and community resources available for each patient and the providers of these different aspects of care.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning rounds.
- Utilizes innovative methods to facilitate development and implementation of discharge plans.
- Makes self-available resource to nursing staff. Provides learning experiences to strengthen and expand the staff’s expertise.
- Participates in infection control activities by screening, monitoring, and reporting individual cases and/or trends to the infection control nurse.
- Performs utilization management functions as required by payer source.
- Complies with the Utilization Management Plan.
Click on the video above to know what Kerry Bolin, RN, Director of Care Coordination at Gerald Champion has to share about the Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or three + years of experience in nursing preferred but other healthcare related education may be considered based on experience. Experience in Care Management preferred.
- Licensure: If a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse Currently Licensed to Practice in the State of New Mexico.
- Other disciplines, licensure as required by State of New Mexico.
- Certification: Current American Heart - Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
- Five years recent relevant clinical experience in an acute care facility required.
- Strong patient education abilities.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment, including Medicare Conditions of Participation, DNV standards, HIPAA, and reporting requirements.
- Hourly Wages range from $24.95 to $34.81*
- Range is based on experience, education and certifications
- *$34.81 reflects 10yrs experience and a BSN
- Differentials are in addition to these rates
Sign On Bonuses
- $15k on certain specialties
- The amount is based on experience and certification
- Some of the bonus may be allocated to relocation
- Relocation assistance provided via temporary housing
- Shift Differential Pay
- On-Call Pay
- Team Leader Pay
- Resource Pool Pay
Part 2 of Kerry Bolin, RN Video: What's Unique in Care Coordination?
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. With the support of over 1,000 employees, we strive to bring world-class access and technology not commonly found in rural New Mexico to the community. Wound care, Inpatient Rehabilitative Care, dedicated Hospitalist Care, the Joint Center, and Cardiac Cath lab are just a small sample of the high-quality care offered. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#casemanager #registerednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #gcrmc #alamogordo #nm #newmexico #registerednursejob